Skip to content
Sudden severe cystic acne pain & itchiness
Stargal19 posted:
I have read all the posts and not sure if anything really does work to control this. I am 58, have had normal acne since the age of 16. My severe cystic acne started just over a month ago. I have never had such severe acne. I have large red bumps that have a root in them. If I can get the root out then the pimple would heal, but then I face an issue of scarring! My Doc gave me Doxycycline, clindamycin, but still no real relief. I am afraid of using a antibiotic so much (I am using a double dose atm), that I might open my body to other illnesses. Which I am just getting over a bout with the flu and now it seems I might have a viral pink-eye, that just developed a week and a half ago.
I have an oily complexion but never like this, it's around 3 times more oily with all this happening. Any Help out there? Cause my Doc doesn't have a clue yet. I don't want to leave the house anymore.
Thank you in advance

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.