Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Itching problem
raj_1987 posted:
Since November 2012, I felt skin itching in my shoulder , arms and legs, chest and back. Initially i thought may it was because of bath soap or dust. But later one of my friend who shared my room also had the itching problem, he consult with doctor and prescribed to use lotion, soap and tablets (used for treatment of scabies). I don't have any rashes on my skin like him, i also consult with dermatologist , he also not find anything wrong in my skin and prescribed me to use soap and prugo 10 tablet. During course i had some relief, but when I stop taking tablets after 2-3 days itching start again. I took tablets again then itching gone but when I stopped taking it itching start again. I don't know what exactly the problem is whether it is any allergic problem or something other. Please suggest.

Thanks

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear Raj,

Since you already have a dermatologist, you may want to ask him or her for a small skin biopsy to determine precisely what is going on INSIDE your skin. If there is a skin allergy you may have to eliminate certain topicals that are in your environment or products that you commonly use.

I hope that helps
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology
www.TareenDermatology.com

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.