Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
clear fluid and crust on the back of my ear and earlobe area! help please!
AADK1012 posted:
I hope this is the correct area to post this at. I have a cut on the lower back half of my ear that is a bit painful and alot of uncomfortable to where i can not lay my head down on the left side. It will crust up thick yelloish scab like, along with the back of my earlobe area. It iches also, but when the crust comes off, a clear fluid will come from there and sometimes its so much that it will run down to my neck until it starts crusting up again. any suggestions on what could be causing this and how do I get it to go away? please help!
Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear AADK,

Even minor cuts on the ear are prone to infection with various bacteria. If the cartilage becomes infected, the situation can become even more serious.

I would advise to go to your family doctor or a nearby minute clinic/ urgent care for an evaluation.

I hope that helps
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.