Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ingrown hair left a hole?
Samiie335 posted:
I had an ingrown hair(i think) on my underwear line. It hurt really bad so I popped it. Took forever to stop bleeding and stuff. That was probably more than a year ago. Now there is a hole under my skin. The spot is slightly red and very rarely it will hurt or grow like fluid is now in it but then it goes back to the normal hole.. There is no blood or pus it is usually just pinkish. What is this thing? Can I get rid of it? I don't wanna see a doctor because of its awkward placement.

BlondeWolfy responded:
I have that same thing! It is an ingrown hair and it's embarrassing to discuss. But here are some things that might help you a little. Buy some aloe Vera healing gel or get a little bottle of this stuff called Emu oil. They both work fast and heal scars and pores on your skin, it might take a year to heal up, but if you are patient and you apply it daily then it will heal up! I use both and they seem to make my wounds or pimple scars less deep and pink, they are still healing! Hope this helped out!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Thick skin and cracked
I had a patch of skin that was so thick I could not feel pain in it. The skin was also cracking and itchy. I tried something I don't ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.