Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Waist-band rash -- or STD? - or what?
feverfive posted:
I have had this rash around my waistband, and a little lower, on and off for about two years. I have seen my Dr, and he thinks its an irritation and not an STD. I do have a history of herpes in my mouth in the past, but he says its not an outbreak.

Its in my pubic region and seems to be worse when it is dry out. I wonder if its from the detergent in my laundry in my boxers waistband, but there is no sign of any irritation elsewhere. It can be annoying because being single and wanting to date seriously, it can come up.

I"m going to get referred to a demertologist at my next dr visit in a month or so. However, I've posted an image of it (embarassingly!), what does it look like? Are there any OTC treatments; I currently use A&D ointment which seems to calm it down, but not heal it.

Jeff

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Bedbug ProblemsExpert
Dear Readers, Bedbugs are making a comeback in the U.S. They had all but disappeared through the 1970's and 1990's. Recently they have ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.