Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Eucerin daily protection face moisturizer causing rash
ktec27 posted:
Hi, I recently purchased Eucerin daily protection face moisturizer with SPF 30. I have sensitive skin and this was recommended and says it protects sensitive skin on the label. I used it the first time this morning before applying my makeup and had a bit of redness... but didn't really think too much about it. This evening I washed my face and got ready for bed and put some on. Next thing I know I have red blotching and spots developing. I immediately washed my face, though it is still red and stingy it seems to look better. Also took a some allergy medicine so I think I'll be alright breakout wise.

What I want to know is if I should avoid everything from this brand? I used to use them a lot and decided to go back... so I hope it may just be this one specific product.

If I should avoid this brand, can anyone recommend a good moisturizer for sensitive skin that is likely to not make me break out in a rash?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

CCbear responded:
Neutrogena neutrogena neutrogena!!! From my experience, Eucerin is a good, enriched lotion, however is still very thick. I've had a doctor recommend neutrogena or other sensitive-skin products that are non-scented and non-comodogenic which means it won't clog pores. These will be clearly labeled on any product that is like this. However, when in doubt, always talk to your doctor as you may require a prescription or have an allergy to a specific ingredient!! Good luck!

EdithIkerNagyonFacebook responded:
Hello, enormous amounts of people now use the nerium ad lotion, it is new with results. It is hypoallergenic, and helped people like you. Some afraid of trying it i did too then to my surprise it fixed rashes and wounds on my leg and arm and removed wrinkles too. Look me up on facebook under Edith (Iker) Nagy to see pictures or if you have a question. I want to help people because i know how bad a skin problem makes people feel, others look at us in a manner like we are sick. To have good skin you need a good cream.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.