Skip to content
Itchy for months
mwalke77 posted:
I am a very healthy 20 year old in college. During my fall semester of 2012, sometime around October, I began to experience an unexplainable itch ALL OVER that just wouldn't go away. When I say all over I mean spots on my scalp, face, eyebrows, ears, neck, back, chest, armpits, arms, abdomen, buttocks, groin and legs.For months now it's been a reoccurring problem which varies in severity. Some days I am so itchy it distracts me from work, school, and my social life. Sometimes at night it even keeps me awake. Being young and a guy I never made an appointment to see a doctor until the problem got too bad to ignore. The doctors first assumed it was scabies, and without even scraping my skin and looking under a microscope gave me the cream to treat the mite (I also washed all my clothes, bedding, and towels VERY thoroughly in hot water). After three treatments and well over 6 weeks later I continued to itch. Baffled by the problem, my doctor finally recommended I see a dermatologist. The Dermatologist has also been unable to pinpoint the cause of my itching. I've tried everything they recommended from taking cool, never hot, showers, changing my body wash to an Aveeno wash formulated for dry itchy skin, changing my shampoo, and changing my liquid detergent. I doubted any of this would solve the problem because I've NEVER had an issue with any soap, shampoo, or detergent I've used in the past 20 years of my life. The last time I went in the dermatologist took a biopsy. My doctor called me and informed me of my results with something along the lines of, "there's definitely inflammation, we see no signs of scabies and at this point are unable to determine the cause". Gee, thanks doc! After spending hundreds of dollars I am at my wits end. Could it be connected to the fact that I also had shingles last year and did not receive treatment? Am I having some kind of allergic reaction? the itch has been here for many months now and I'm not sure what to do next!

EdithIkerNagyonFacebook responded:
Try Nerium ad look me up on facebook or write to me here, name on facebook is Edith (Iker) Nagy, i have great experience of my own about it.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE CHILDRENS SERVERE ECEMA
I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDRENS WITH EXTREME ECZEMA. THE GIRL CRY &SCRATCH ,THE BOY IS A 8 MOS AND HE SCRATCH TILL HE BLEED I PUT THE CREAM ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.