Skip to content
miserable
An_250637 posted:
ive been itching for over a year now all over but behind my knees, and my back my side drive me crazy and the tops of my toes, Ive used everything out there am at the end of my rope, i had a friend that said u might have body lice, u dont have to be dirty to get it you can get it from someone, so am going to a skin specialized i dont know what eles to do.

saracee responded:
Hi An_250637, I'm so sorry. I really do understand how you feel. I always get that behind my knees too. I can't help but scratch and scratch. Sometimes I do it unconsciously too and it gets really annoying because the more I scratch, the worst it gets. You should consider using a hydrocortisone cream with Aloe and vitamin E oil in it (I usually mix these ingredients in with the cream). If the problem is worse you may want to get a prescription from your doctor for a stronger skin cream. Also, I'm going to tell you what everyone else would tell you. DON'T SCRATCH! resist the temptation! What I usually like doing whenever I have to scratch badly is to just hit or smack the area with my hand. Because you're not actually scratching the skin, you're not breaking the skin and doing any harm to it. Keep us posted! I'll definitely look around the web to see if I can find anything that could help you out. Good luck

saracee responded:
Hey again An_250637, Just checking up to see how you were doing with your skin irritation. So I was looking through the web and I found something that might be very useful to you. Have you heard of Healthtap? This website has a lot of great tips and information about skin care, treatments, and as well as hundred of other health topics. You should definitely check it out. I had no idea drinking 8 glasses of water a day and taking Biotin promoted healthy new skin! Here's the website, https://www.healthtap.com/. If you find anything great, let me know!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Natural Herbal Treatment For Actinic Keratosis
What is Actinic Keratosis? Actinic Keratosis is a skin disorder in which involves very small, elevated rough and reddish bumps on the ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.