Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Transient red patches on legs and elbows
davee1 posted:
Hello,

I'm a 24 year old male. A few years ago I had several red patches of skin on my calves and inner-elbow, approximately a quarter to a half inch in diameter. The patches of red skin lasted for a few months before disappearing. They have since returned on my calves and have persisted for a few months.

The patches of skin are dry -- I've had dry skin all of my life-- but they, like the rest of skin, are not itchy or uncomfortable. The patches are not and have never been raised, bleeding, or infected. The patches are purely a cosmetic issue.

I haven't changed lotions, soaps, detergents, clothing or sleeping fabrics, diets, work environments, etc. in years. I realize this is kind of vague, but does anyone have a guess at what it could be? I've read about psoriasis and eczema and the symptoms don't seem to match.

EdithIkerNagyonFacebook responded:
Hi, what you need is a good lotion, because some skin problems come from emotional issues, some from other like unhealthy diet or chemicals. I been struggling with some ugly dry, and blistery skin on my right leg for two years that even steroid lotion or sulfur meds did not fix. So i tried a new lotion from scientists, called Nerium ad, and it started minimizing the problem in two days, i use it every night and am sure after one month it might be all healed. Look me up on facebook under Edith (Iker) Nagy and i show you more pictures. It never hurt to try it since the side effects are 1 person in a million with minor irritation that goes away after not using it for a day. good luck

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

noseeums - no-see-ums
I have suffered with the noseeums. DEET works and there is some information about prevention at www.http://noseeums.org/ More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.