Skip to content
alpha_male45 posted:
Since I was the age of 8, I've broken out in hives as such pictured (exactly). I am now 45 and the problem persist even worse. My doctors do not take me seriously and it is frustrating. When I break out, sometimes I haven't even had anything to eat or drink and they make me feel depressed. I don't know what to do about them anymore. I need help and can't seem to attain any. The tricks that I use to use to ease them no longer helps either. This would be Atarax, Claritin, and Benadryl. Anyone with suggestions or information, please share? My ex-allergist has actually told me that since I've had this condition since a child, that there is probably nothing I can do about it now. She prescribed Atarax and it only puts me to sleep, fast. It doesn't help me at all. All my physicians have given up on me and failed me... So tired of dealing with the itching and discomfort for no reasons.
xrayshell1610 responded:
Try a new allergist, my allergist @ Cool Springs Gallery, Franklin, TN. had me on Sublingual drops made especially for what I was allergic to, I took them for 3 years and they have helped me alot. see if anyone in your area does this. Atarax helped me with the hives, sorry to hear no help for you. I know the ER used to recommend Zantac for a rash (not hives) but wouldnt hurt to try, I know its a acid reducer, but helped someone I know with rash. maybe u should try it. when I had hives I researched alot, some people allergic to water (I guess the chlorine in int?) and some just the air around them, sooo sad. & I know how tired u are of it, I was.
xrayshell1610 replied to xrayshell1610's response:
my dr @ Allergy care of Cool Springs was Dr Robert Owens.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Cure for Hives--(had hives over ENTIRE BODY for over a year)
Do you have pink, raised areas anywhere on your body that itch (and I mean anywhere)? Do you eat a lot of low-fat or diet foods or use ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.