Skip to content
folliculitis .....please i need help.
greggggggg posted:
I have folliculitus. Its only on my chest and every now and then I'll have a spot or two on my back.. It has been going on for months now. They put me on doxycycline for 1 month. Seen no improvement at all with a 500mg tablet twice per day I believe.. I can't remember I threw away the bottle. But either way the doxy had no effect on it what so ever. I've also taken bactrim since I had a previous case of mrsa in the past. Had to take that for 10 days twice a day. Had no effect. The doc prescribed me some anti fungal cream. It was 60$ for the prescription and it came with 2 small little tubes of it. The folliculitis goes away with the cream... But after a couple days of not using the cream it will return in full force. I have been rapid tested for HIV and that was negative. I don't have a problem with being tired.. I'm always full of energy. I don't get much sleep though. I go to sleep around 3 or 4 am and wake up at about 10 or 11 am sometimes 1pm. I work second shift and I sweat sometimes at work from manual labor. I eat maybe twice a day. I'm African american and very hairy. I'm 6'2 around about 202 - 208 lbs right now. I have anxiety and I have a lot of stress. But that's normal for me. It has been for years now. I have genital herpes that comes in on the bottom of my stomach. I also have a.d.d. I used to weight about 218 before I started doing a lot of standing and manual labor and had less time to eat. Now its sometimes hard for me to have a big appetite because when I'm wired up from work I don't eat much. Breakfast will be small but dinner will be big. I don't eat fruits. Not many veggies. I drink water. My skin around the bottom near my arm pits are dry.. My nipples are dry and my legs are always dry. I also scratch a lot from itching the dry skin... Also almost always have dandruff. Even if I put greese in my hair. The bumps on my chest rarely itch.. And are not in pain unless I burst them open while scrubbing with a scrubber in the shower. I'm a smoker and one of my nostrils are almost always clogged up.. When I blow my nose sometimes the mucus is a light neon yellow. I don't have many headaches. Don't get sick very often at all. And I am 29 years old.. Any clue on what I should do next ? Any suggestions? And what do you think could get rid of my folliculitis ? Also I have irritable bowel syndrome as well. I also lactose intolerant. Never had a problem with folliculitis until it started about 3 or 4 months ago and hasn't went away yet. I also have photos as well if you have an email address I could send them to you since I am using my phone to write this.

markell1 responded:
Hello, I can only recommend you this to find cure for your problem:
http://feelgoodtime.net/how-to-get-rid-of-dandruff/

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

I THINK I HAVE FOUND A CURE
PEOPLE READ MY RESPONSE CALLED "I HAVE FOUND A CURE" it is an actual description of how, not a link to some pay site it cured it for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.