Small Tear Near Anus - Skin Care
TheDude87 posted:
Hello, I am very embarrassed about this, but this would explain me avoiding going to a doctor and looking for a response on these forums. About six months ago, I noticed a small little tear near my anus, NOT inside or on it, but near it. I thought it would heal and I never gave it much attention. I am also a type one diabetic, so sometimes healing takes longer than usual. I researched an anal fissure and this does not to appear to be one. Anyways, I have been ignoring it over this time and was not too concern about it. Today I checked it, it is still there..., and it looks like it did six months ago. It does not bleed or cause discomfort to me. It is just a small tear that where the skin is torn looks white from being moist I assume. However, the skin around the tear is not infected and appears to be clean. I have no idea what could have caused this, I do not have anal sex or any activities that involve that area; although, I do work out a lot and exercise often. Are there any suggestions on what types of therapy I can apply myself to help this heal and eventually have it disappear? Thank you for your time and any information you provide.

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there, Please don't be too embarrassed to see a doctor for help. As you've mentioned that you already have a medical condition - type 1 diabetes - you want to make sure that you are not having any healing complications. Your doctors will have heard stories like yours before and they will not embarrass you. Do see a doctor if you are having a problem so that you can get it taken care of. - Annie