Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Small Tear Near Anus - Skin Care
TheDude87 posted:
Hello,

I am very embarrassed about this, but this would explain me avoiding going to a doctor and looking for a response on these forums.

About six months ago, I noticed a small little tear near my anus, NOT inside or on it, but near it. I thought it would heal and I never gave it much attention. I am also a type one diabetic, so sometimes healing takes longer than usual. I researched an anal fissure and this does not to appear to be one.

Anyways, I have been ignoring it over this time and was not too concern about it. Today I checked it, it is still there..., and it looks like it did six months ago. It does not bleed or cause discomfort to me. It is just a small tear that where the skin is torn looks white from being moist I assume. However, the skin around the tear is not infected and appears to be clean.

I have no idea what could have caused this, I do not have anal sex or any activities that involve that area; although, I do work out a lot and exercise often. Are there any suggestions on what types of therapy I can apply myself to help this heal and eventually have it disappear? Thank you for your time and any information you provide.

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there,

Please don't be too embarrassed to see a doctor for help. As you've mentioned that you already have a medical condition - type 1 diabetes - you want to make sure that you are not having any healing complications.

Your doctors will have heard stories like yours before and they will not embarrass you. Do see a doctor if you are having a problem so that you can get it taken care of.

- Annie

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.