Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Skin sore and the rest
An_251447 posted:
(Though this is filed under skin problems, I'm only doing that because that's when all of this stuff started)

I work as an archaeologist during the summer in the Midwest.

Over this past season I found what I thought was a but on my leg. Being an archaeologist, it freaked me out with all of the horror stories from brown recluses. So I went to the urgent care as soon as I noticed it was around for a couple of days and getting more red.

They checked it out and gave me Bactrim. After while the sore/bite seemed to go away. But I was still getting spasms in the same area.

Soon after I started getting dizziness.

Also, cysts. One on my cheek, groin, and then on my back.

The cysts went away. The dizziness is still intermittent.

Curiously, another sore of the same type showed up recently (6 to 7 months after the first one.)

The sore still hasn't gone away and Im still getting spasms in the area.

I've been checked for almost EVERYTHING in regards to the dizziness. But they really haven't t focused on the sore on my leg at all. I got an MRA, MRI, ENT exam, Ct Scan, Lyme disease tests, random blood work. An opthamologist exam. To be quite honest I can't even remember all of the tests that Ive been through. All of them are negative and or tell me nothing about why I'm dizzy.

I keep telling my doctor that this all kind of started around the same time I got the thing on my leg but no one really pays any attention to it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.