Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Scared to death.....
doomedFatalist posted:
Hello everyone,

Have searched site and can't seem to find an answer so would like to post question about present situation. Noticed 3-4 days ago that my outer lower left leg looked totally bald (like someone had shaven the outside half of my lower left leg). Right leg had 'thinning' hair, but not like left leg. Now outside half of lower right leg is almost as bald as outside half of (original) lower left leg.

Anyone have any thoughts? Really scared right now.... (hence screen name)

tia....

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear Doomed
Please do not despair! There are many causes of focal sites of hair loss, the most common being alopecia areata and thyroid problems. Call you primary doc on Monday and see if you can get in for a simple blood test.

Please keep us posted, you will do great
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology
www.TareenDermatology.com

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Got Eczema or Roseaca? caring help is on the way-.... heres a tip for you!
LIMU (Gentle seaweed cleanser) for men and Women and safe for kids too! remove eye makeup and shave with this popular daily cleanser from ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.