Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Getting worried...could it be psoriasis?
leece1173 posted:
My grandmother is 87yrs old and out of no where she has gotten this rash for the last 2weeks that seems to be getting worse and taking over her whole body.
We've been to Dr's and dermatologists who just give her steroids and creams. They finally took a biopsy of it on Thursday but no results of it yet. They say it may be psoriasis. It started out with just a rash, raised almost hive like on her face and then proceeded down her chest, arms, back and now legs. her face is swollen and stretched so much that her eyelids are pulled down and seeping goo. Anyone who may have advice, ideas, suggestions...PLEASE HELP! Ive been reading up on some psoriasis and one of them could be deadly to the elderly.. again very worried!!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Thick skin and cracked
I had a patch of skin that was so thick I could not feel pain in it. The skin was also cracking and itchy. I tried something I don't ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.