Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Can ringworm erode gums, facial hair and /or nasale passages?
Cswj79 posted:
I was FINALLY diagnosed with ringworm after weeks of being told I had nothing because my skin lesions didn't resemble the traditional ring due to my incessant picking that drove me crazy. I was convinced there were moving worms within my skin on my hands, arms face and feet.

Anyways, I was ultimately diagnosed with it and am losing my eyebrow hair and my nasal bridge cartilages inside of my nose seems to be thinner and my gums are receeding. Is this normal for ringworm or was I misdiagnosed and have something completely different?

Also, if ringworm is a fungus why does it look like tiny, clear, white worms within my pores and lesions?

I hope someone can help as I am feeling like a burden to family, friends and the occasional doctor. Lol!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.