Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Adult acne
MRK18 posted:
Hello. My name is Mark and I've been suffering from severe acne since I was 12. I'm 31 going on 32 and unfortunately still suffering from this ruthless & despicable disease. I know everyone says this but I truly have tried every medication available whether by prescription or OTC. I've tried monocycline, doxicycline etc several times. I've been on Accutane 3 times with each time being less effective & finally convinced myself the only option left was laser therapy. Unfortunately that too didn't work & more over it caused a bad reaction to my skin. After 20 years of suffering & humiliation, as hard as its been to accept, I've come to the conclusion that there is NO cure for my acne. Recently I've been taking a more alternative approach such as eating healthy & taking vitamin supplements etc to help my skin to see if anything happens. After doing some research, I've been wondering if my problem might be a hormonal imbalance causing my acne. So my question is this: Would it be ideal to visit an endocrinologist for my acne? I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks

PS: Sorry for writing so much. Sometimes venting helps me cope.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.