Skip to content
Adult acne
MRK18 posted:
Hello. My name is Mark and I've been suffering from severe acne since I was 12. I'm 31 going on 32 and unfortunately still suffering from this ruthless & despicable disease. I know everyone says this but I truly have tried every medication available whether by prescription or OTC. I've tried monocycline, doxicycline etc several times. I've been on Accutane 3 times with each time being less effective & finally convinced myself the only option left was laser therapy. Unfortunately that too didn't work & more over it caused a bad reaction to my skin. After 20 years of suffering & humiliation, as hard as its been to accept, I've come to the conclusion that there is NO cure for my acne. Recently I've been taking a more alternative approach such as eating healthy & taking vitamin supplements etc to help my skin to see if anything happens. After doing some research, I've been wondering if my problem might be a hormonal imbalance causing my acne. So my question is this: Would it be ideal to visit an endocrinologist for my acne? I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks

PS: Sorry for writing so much. Sometimes venting helps me cope.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful