Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cold sore didn't scab - is it gone? Was it even a cold sore? Now what?
An_251782 posted:
I am almost positive I have/had a cold sore because it is in the exact same location as the previous time I had a cold sore. I was given Valtrex, and have also been using Abreva. It's been about two weeks now, and the bumps have mostly gone away, but I still see very very slight bumps and I'm not sure if they are still cold sores or just natural imperfections of the skin / chapped lips.
I thought it would have scabbed and healed by now, but it never scabbed. Is there a chance that cold sores could heal without scabbing? As in they would just be all better before they even got to the scabbing stage? Should I be worried that it hasn't changed? The sores don't hurt at all either. But I feel like they must be cold sores, it just feels like a very very long beginning phase.
I have been holding off on oral sex with my partner, but I don't know if it's even a problem. The bumps are barely noticeable - I can only see them when I look closely in the mirror. What do you think I should do?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.