Skip to content
Cold sore didn't scab - is it gone? Was it even a cold sore? Now what?
An_251782 posted:
I am almost positive I have/had a cold sore because it is in the exact same location as the previous time I had a cold sore. I was given Valtrex, and have also been using Abreva. It's been about two weeks now, and the bumps have mostly gone away, but I still see very very slight bumps and I'm not sure if they are still cold sores or just natural imperfections of the skin / chapped lips.
I thought it would have scabbed and healed by now, but it never scabbed. Is there a chance that cold sores could heal without scabbing? As in they would just be all better before they even got to the scabbing stage? Should I be worried that it hasn't changed? The sores don't hurt at all either. But I feel like they must be cold sores, it just feels like a very very long beginning phase.
I have been holding off on oral sex with my partner, but I don't know if it's even a problem. The bumps are barely noticeable - I can only see them when I look closely in the mirror. What do you think I should do?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

I THINK I HAVE FOUND A CURE
PEOPLE READ MY RESPONSE CALLED "I HAVE FOUND A CURE" it is an actual description of how, not a link to some pay site it cured it for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful