Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    I have a strange bump on my nose.
    Blackhawksfann posted:
    I got a bump on my nose by the upper narrow part on the side towards my eye. It is a bit red, tender to the touch, but isn't a pimple. Hasn't come to a head & nothing happens when I squeeze it. I have my daughters wedding in 6 days & don't know what to do. I've had this for about 2 weeks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Mary Ruth Buchness, MD responded:
    Dear Blackhawksfann,
    You should go to a dermatologist ASAP. It sounds like you have a ruptured cyst and the quickest way to get rid of it is a cortisone injection. Good luck with the wedding!

    Featuring Experts

    Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

    Helpful Tips

    New to Acne or is it even acne?
    I'm 19 years old. I have never had acne a day in my life. ever. ever ever ever ever. In the past month or less, I have developed small ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.