Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Rare skin condition
DanikaM posted:
Hi guys,
I have been trying to find a similar skin condition through the web but so far I didn't have any luck.
Well, here is my problem; I couple years ago I developed something like a boil on my scalp, it wasn't so big o painful around 1/2 square inch or less; I never pop it but ne day my mom saw it and she grab me a pressed, it popped and the normal stuff came out and that was all. But a month later I developed something like a scar but is more like a depression in my skin and kinda like a bald spot but there is still hair on it; I was afraid to see it and I tried to ignore it.
One day I friend saw it a she got concerned; so I grabbed a mirror and look at it and it was weird. But still I felt kind of embarrassed about it; so I continued to ignored but know my BF saw it and he told me that I should check what is it.
It is pretty weird, I have like a depression on my scalp and the follicles are like little holes with 3, 4 or 5 hairs coming from each one, my bf started putting some pressure on each one and something like the stuff that comes from blackheads started to come out, is dry and dark yellow; and sometimes he need like a needle just to pull it out not to puncture the skin, is like each follicle was clogged with this stuff. After that he noticed that size of each hole got smaller, like if it was swelling for the stuff inside of them.
But know he made me curious about what it is, or what is happening.
So I have attached some pictures; if someone has an idea about what it is please let me know.

Cheers.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByE_znk-a6ctY2U0aktLZEdsbms/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByE_znk-a6ctclctUmhLS2l4ZFk/edit?usp=sharing

Mary Ruth Buchness, MD responded:
Please post photos in the body of your question, not as attachments. Thank you.

DanikaM replied to Mary Ruth Buchness, MD's response:
Here is one of the photos

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.