Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
red all over body that itches
An_252139 posted:
I recently had 4 episodes of my body turning red and itching all over my body, that looked like a bad sunburn. I can take benadryl and it goes away after about 15 - 20 minutes. But I can't figure out what I'm aallergic to-. I haven't changed detergents of body washes and there doesn't seem to be any connection to anything I'm doing.

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear An,

Medicines and viruses are the most common causes of "acute urticaria" or hives of new onset. Have you started any new rx or otc products? Have you been sick within the past month? Typically, these rashes are self-limiting and go away in 4-6 weeks. If they are getting worse, progressing, or associated with any breathing symptoms, I would suggest seeing your doc asap.

I hope that helps
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology
www.TareenDermatology.com

KahunaMax replied to Mohiba K Tareen, MD's response:
Hello Dr. Tareen,
Do you know anything about the medicine Biogetica.com for relief of Chronic Hives. Ive never been (visibly) allergic to anything in my life and 3 months ago came down with chronic hives .. its horrible .. ruining my life. desperate to find a medicine to relieve it.

Max

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.