Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
pink, rough, raised skin area in an unexpected location
jena_texana posted:
I had a dark tan spot on my upper left pubic area, above my pubic hair that I originally thought was a small bruise. Today, though, it seems to have morphed into a pink, raised area of rough skin. It is not near any folds of skin, but instead is on a flat, open area.

The area is about half an inch wide by a quarter inch high. It isn't painful or itchy, but I scratched it to see what the surface was like, and part of it flaked off (it was white), leaving me bleeding slightly. Again, though, even this wasn't painful. It doesn't appear at all to have the skin pattern of warts (neither in the way the patch looks, nor the flakes of skin that I scratched off.) In a search online, it looks most like psoriasis, but it has no silvery-ness, and it is not really inflamed. (It is light pink, with no deeper redness around or on it.) Also, it came on quite suddenly, and this is the first time it has ever happened.

I just noticed the bruise a few days ago (maybe four or five), and noticed the rough skin this morning. By the way, I don't use any scented soaps that could be irritating my skin, and I shower only once a day or once every two days. Needless to say, the area doesn't get a lot (or even really any) sun exposure.

(I don't think it can be an STD, as I have been in a monogamous relationship for almost four years with a man who was virginal before I met him. And yes, I am quite sure my boyfriend is faithful, as am I.)

Thanks in advance for any advice on what this might be, and/or where to look for further information.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

noseeums - no-see-ums
I have suffered with the noseeums. DEET works and there is some information about prevention at www.http://noseeums.org/ More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.