Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What is this rash on my hand?
DMS1611 posted:
I have a rash on the palm of my left hand that has spread to my upper left ring finger and now to my thumb. It starts as a raised bump that looks like a pimple. The pimple gets hard, flat and red. It then dries up into a white spot and then falls off or I remove it. As the spot dries out, the skin itches. I went to the doctor and she prescribed an ointment, which I used for about a week, but it didn't work. Help! Thanks!

g_praveen responded:
I have almost exactly same Rash/Corn/Wart on my middle finger for last couple of years. As you described "It starts as a raised bump that looks like a pimple. The pimple gets hard, flat and red. It then dries up into a white spot and then falls off or I remove it."

I used to wear a ring in this finger 6-7 yrs ago and the rash is inside on hand, where the ring used to be. I haven't discussed this with physician yet, but should I be concerned?

Any advice?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.