Skip to content
What is this rash on my hand?
DMS1611 posted:
I have a rash on the palm of my left hand that has spread to my upper left ring finger and now to my thumb. It starts as a raised bump that looks like a pimple. The pimple gets hard, flat and red. It then dries up into a white spot and then falls off or I remove it. As the spot dries out, the skin itches. I went to the doctor and she prescribed an ointment, which I used for about a week, but it didn't work. Help! Thanks!

g_praveen responded:
I have almost exactly same Rash/Corn/Wart on my middle finger for last couple of years. As you described "It starts as a raised bump that looks like a pimple. The pimple gets hard, flat and red. It then dries up into a white spot and then falls off or I remove it."

I used to wear a ring in this finger 6-7 yrs ago and the rash is inside on hand, where the ring used to be. I haven't discussed this with physician yet, but should I be concerned?

Any advice?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful