Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Non-itchy Bug Bites that don't go away? What can they be?
IvyLoveless posted:
Can anyone please help me...at least a year ago, possibly longer...I noticed what seemed to look like a bug bite (raised flesh colored bump) on upper buttocks...it didn't itch and unless you ran your hand over my skin you couldn't really see it was there...you can only feel the bump. That bump has never gone away and I have gotten a couple more ...one on the back of my lower shoulder (near armpit) and another on upper thigh /buttocks..the size is generally the size of a dime or slightly smaller ..any idea what they are and if they ever go away? Thanks

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Given the duration of these skin lesions, I think it would be appropriate to consult your dermatologist. These could be anything from eczema to a hypersensitivity reaction to a pre-lymphoma condition. It is best to have them evaluated.

Please keep up posted.

Sincerely,
Dr. Tareen
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology
www.TareenDermatology.com

IvyLoveless replied to Mohiba K Tareen, MD's response:
Thank you

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

noseeums - no-see-ums
I have suffered with the noseeums. DEET works and there is some information about prevention at www.http://noseeums.org/ More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.