RA and skin question for the doctor
singingbear posted:
I am 34 years old. Since I was diagnosed with RA last year I have noticed that when I scratch my skin for even the most minor itch it whelps up and turns red. Sometimes even grazing my skin across something. I have never experienced this problem before last year. Is it possible that this can be related to the RA? I mentioned it to my rheumatologist and they suggested that if it continues they will refer me to a dermatologist. Any ideas why this is happening now?