Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Shingles recurrence?
An_252798 posted:
I had shingles at the age of 23, about 19 years ago. It was a patch on my back, and I lost nerve sensation after. Ever since, that section of skin has felt "dead."

Within the last couple of weeks, I have noticed a tingling sensation in that patch of skin. I feel no pain, I am not running a fever, there are no bumps or blisters there -- but the tingling is getting more pronounced. Is this a sign my shingles are coming back? Should I see a doctor?

I really hate going to the doctor "just to see," and there's no real treatment for shingles, if that's what it is -- is there any point in seeing a doctor?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.