Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Hand wart
An_252815 posted:
I have a wart on the side of my hand & I have had it for over 20 years. It has been burned off several times, and cut off even with the skin a few times as well. It will not go away. I use an emery board to file it down but it never leaves. how can I get rid of it?

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
We use lasers for our most resistant wart patients- these lasers are covered by insurance as warts are a medical problem. Call your local dermatologist and inquire if they have a laser that treats warts.

I hope that helps
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology
www.TareenDermatology.com

scorpio91 responded:
have you tried garlic with ductape? don't let the garlic touch the healthy skin. I had one on my hand for a couple years,tryed freeze off,and did nothing. and they would spread but, the tape worked i hope this helps")

scorpio91 responded:
think it has something to do with air getting to it. ithink if you do the garlic for the first 3 days it should work i think thats what i did, basicaly u need to keep it taped up for a couple weeks let me know if it works ! save ur money lol

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Thick skin and cracked
I had a patch of skin that was so thick I could not feel pain in it. The skin was also cracking and itchy. I tried something I don't ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.