Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Hand wart
An_252815 posted:
I have a wart on the side of my hand & I have had it for over 20 years. It has been burned off several times, and cut off even with the skin a few times as well. It will not go away. I use an emery board to file it down but it never leaves. how can I get rid of it?

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
We use lasers for our most resistant wart patients- these lasers are covered by insurance as warts are a medical problem. Call your local dermatologist and inquire if they have a laser that treats warts.

I hope that helps
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology
www.TareenDermatology.com

scorpio91 responded:
have you tried garlic with ductape? don't let the garlic touch the healthy skin. I had one on my hand for a couple years,tryed freeze off,and did nothing. and they would spread but, the tape worked i hope this helps")

scorpio91 responded:
think it has something to do with air getting to it. ithink if you do the garlic for the first 3 days it should work i think thats what i did, basicaly u need to keep it taped up for a couple weeks let me know if it works ! save ur money lol

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful