Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/living-healthy/f/skin-beauty/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at CommunityManagement@webmd.net

Includes Expert Content
    Hand wart
    An_252815 posted:
    I have a wart on the side of my hand & I have had it for over 20 years. It has been burned off several times, and cut off even with the skin a few times as well. It will not go away. I use an emery board to file it down but it never leaves. how can I get rid of it?

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
    We use lasers for our most resistant wart patients- these lasers are covered by insurance as warts are a medical problem. Call your local dermatologist and inquire if they have a laser that treats warts.

I hope that helps
    Dr. Mohiba Tareen
    Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
    Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
    Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology
    www.TareenDermatology.com

scorpio91 responded:
    have you tried garlic with ductape? don't let the garlic touch the healthy skin. I had one on my hand for a couple years,tryed freeze off,and did nothing. and they would spread but, the tape worked i hope this helps")

scorpio91 responded:
    think it has something to do with air getting to it. ithink if you do the garlic for the first 3 days it should work i think thats what i did, basicaly u need to keep it taped up for a couple weeks let me know if it works ! save ur money lol

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
    Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    24 of 32 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.