Skip to content
Discoloration of Skin due to insect bite.
An_252824 posted:
I received some kind of insect/spider bite, not sure which or what type, the bite is on my neck, a little to the left in the middle, when I awoke the skin had become discolored, I am olive skinned so it is a dark brown patch about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide and it follows the natural lines of the neck, the skin has become very dry, parchment like, it both burns and itches, I have bathed it in Bactine and put Hydrocortizone 1% creme on it, the burning sensation is much less, so is the itching but the area looks like dried up brown paper. How do I continue to treat the area so it does not leave a brown dried looking scarring? How long should I continue to use the Hdryocortizone cream? Please help with any information possible, I cannot afford to visit a doctor. Thank you for any information possible.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

I THINK I HAVE FOUND A CURE
PEOPLE READ MY RESPONSE CALLED "I HAVE FOUND A CURE" it is an actual description of how, not a link to some pay site it cured it for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful