Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Discoloration of Skin due to insect bite.
An_252824 posted:
I received some kind of insect/spider bite, not sure which or what type, the bite is on my neck, a little to the left in the middle, when I awoke the skin had become discolored, I am olive skinned so it is a dark brown patch about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide and it follows the natural lines of the neck, the skin has become very dry, parchment like, it both burns and itches, I have bathed it in Bactine and put Hydrocortizone 1% creme on it, the burning sensation is much less, so is the itching but the area looks like dried up brown paper. How do I continue to treat the area so it does not leave a brown dried looking scarring? How long should I continue to use the Hdryocortizone cream? Please help with any information possible, I cannot afford to visit a doctor. Thank you for any information possible.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Got Eczema or Roseaca? caring help is on the way-.... heres a tip for you!
LIMU (Gentle seaweed cleanser) for men and Women and safe for kids too! remove eye makeup and shave with this popular daily cleanser from ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.