Skip to content
Shingles x2 at 24yrs old
An_252833 posted:
I went to the doctor today for my second case of shingles. I'm 24 and my first bout came on over four years ago. I know that shingles usually comes later in life and can be due to a weakened immune system. I have no major chronic illness, haven't been sick, but do seem to suffer from inflammation issues (hemorrhoids, acute tendentious, joint pain). My family has a history of autoimmune issues (joint pain, RA, and some kind of nerve issue) all on my mothers side. I'm wondering what could be causing this to occur twice so early in life and am concerned it will be an on going issue that gets progressively worse as I age. Also, can I still get a shingles vaccine when I get older and is there an increased chance of developing an immunity to the medication if I continue to get shingles? Thoughts, suggestions?

My shingles: Small bumps and patches that started on my side, abdomen and penis. Have spread to my wrists and ankles in the past three days (before medication). I've never had shingles attack my face and haven't ever had pain, just intense itching. I'm taking pills three times daily for 10 days and have a topical cream for the itching. Having a lot of trouble sleeping even after benadryl, melotonin and magnesium (combined)

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.