Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
mysterious skin rash
Janelloy posted:
I have this very itchy skin rash,mostly on torso, but now spreading to arms and legs; since Ihad hysterectomy 3 months ago. I have been to many doctors with no diagnosis. getting very discouraged. now going to allergist but still no help.
Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear Jane,

There is no need to suffer. I take care of many patients like you- who have seen many physicians with no answers or relief - until they see a dermatologist.

Find a derm in your insurance network and ask to be seen ASAP. The derm may do a small skin biopsy which will finally give you the answer and relief that you are looking for

Please keep us posted!
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology
Darlene1946 replied to Mohiba K Tareen, MD's response:
I have the same problem as Janelloy above.I have seen many
dermatologist. And no help. Maybe you can help ???
please help. Darlene
Janelloy replied to Mohiba K Tareen, MD's response:
I have seen several dermatologists, and have gotten a skin biopsy and also a scraping, they came back "inconclusive", I saw an allergist and no diagnoisis, (he gave me antiobiotics) today I saw an infectious disease dr., he just gave me more steriods and fungus cream which i used before. they are telling me to go to New York or Phila hospitals. my bloodwork came back with ANA direct Positive abnormal" , but was told nothing to worry about from the last dr.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.