Skip to content
I am going insane, skin problem
robnuck83 posted:
For over a month I have been getting a mixture of small to large size bumps all over except for my face, lower lip swelled a few times. But I cannot figure out why or what is causing it.

They are semi hard to the touch, taking OTC allergy pills gets rid of them for a few hours, taking a hot shower gets rid of them for a few hours.

My diet has not changed, my nicotine gum consumption has not changed, I lived in the same city last year and did not suffer the bumps/itchy skin then.

The AC in my room is a window unit, I covered the windows with thick plastic (including the AC) thinking there was something in the air, and was incorrect.

I thought something might have gotten in the carpet and used a carpet cleaner and wear shoes all day, and that has not helped.

The showers eliminate the itching and for lack of a better word, hives but I have noticed that the itching and hives are coming back faster after the shower than the previous 6 weeks.

I have been looking for a job for a year, no medical insurance, and I cannot afford to buy enough allergy pills to take them every time the itching and hives come back.

My skin maintains its original tone even when the hives are visible.

If the hives were caused by some internal factor the allergy pills would not make them go away, I am guessing. There is not any other symptom present.

The thing I am about to try, because I cannot think of anything else, is the disposable medical mask to cover my mouth and nose.

I know it is not laundry detergent, but I cannot seem to rule anything else out because no matter what I try they keep coming back.

Does anyone have an idea that I have not thought of, or experience(d) long term/chronic hives and itchy skin?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

I THINK I HAVE FOUND A CURE
PEOPLE READ MY RESPONSE CALLED "I HAVE FOUND A CURE" it is an actual description of how, not a link to some pay site it cured it for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.