Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Im having a skin problem
Dconnell21 posted:
Ive been battling a skin problem lately, Ive always had a sort of flaky scalp but never itchy and have used Head and Shoulders ever since I can remember. about 3 months ago, my scalp began to become very itchy and flake more than it ever has I decided to get a hair cut, and when I did to my surpise and dismay, I found areas of raised red skin, that was white and very flaky. Shortly after I began to notice more spots I have 2 on each of my lower legs, one on each thigh , and a few on my arms. Psoriasis does run in my family, but I had a doctor tell me it wasnt that. Around the same time that I began to have this problem I became alerted to the fact that my at the time 12 week old Pitbull had Sarcoptic Mange, Im also aware that the mites that cause this type of Mange can also live on human skin. My family doctor prescribed me Clotrimizole and Betamethason Dipropinate cream USP 1%/.05%. The cream does seem to work on my scalp, but even after its been "healed" it will come back within 1 week if I dont continue to put the cream on twice a day. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated, I am a Service writer at a repair shop, so I deal with people every day Im lucky to be tall, and I wear pants most days so for the most part I can conceal whats going on.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

noseeums - no-see-ums
I have suffered with the noseeums. DEET works and there is some information about prevention at www.http://noseeums.org/ More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.