Skip to content
weird spot on knuckle
An_253212 posted:
Hi, hope I can get some clue as to what I have here on my hand...

On the back of my knuckle there is a small,flesh colored patch that forms in a very slight mound. The skin is smooth and has hair growing on it, though some of the hairs are short as if they stopped growing. I've had this patch for years, but only recently ever since I had a scare with skin cancer (results benign) is it starting to make me a little worried. In the winter this patch looks dry and flaky, but usually it is pretty smooth. There are no real borders of this patch, other than where the mound ends and begins which makes it circular (kind of looks like a scar). I have had warts before, but this doesn't really look like one. Also, it's remained the same so many years that I don't think it would point to that. Any ideas what this could be? Primarily I'm worried that it's some sort of aggressive skin cancer or something.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.