Skip to content
Mildly itchy / peeling rash in pubic area?
MikeD56 posted:
Hi all, So for about a week an a half ago i noticed some round quarter sized welts / lesions on my inner thigh. I tend to sweat a lot and had been doing a lot of work around the house so I attributed them to some sort of heat rash. Well, since then it has spread to both inner thighs and now my pubic area. The majority of the welts are smaller, similar to large pimple in size. They are just barley raised and do not come to a head at all. They do however peel, similar to a sunburn. They also do not have a definitive shape, some are pimple like, and some are just sort of free form. The rash does not seem to be spreading farthing, but at the same time, does not seem to be regressing at all either.

Distinctive charectaristics:
-Mild itch, and slightly tender if scratched. (not severly itchy as most conditions I've read about seem to be).
-Pinkish in color however they turn red when irritated (scratched)
-Peeling, each welt starts peeling after a few days. The skin is not particularly dry (although I have been applying talk), but the bumps do start peeling similar to a sunburn. No blister or discharge.

If anyone has any insight into what this might be, i would really appreciate it!

jussharing responded:
My brother had some skin irritation and he found a lot of information on yeast infections. Sometimes it may seem like something different but it is in fact yeast issues. Try going to this link it may help you to. I wish you well.
http://borurl.com/12tu

MikeD56 responded:
Hi all, so I went to see a family doctor today. He did a very brief exam and diagnosed me with a fungal rash, "Ring worm of the body". He prescribed me an anti fungal and suggested that if I did not see results in a few days I should schedule am apt with a dermatologist.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE CHILDRENS SERVERE ECEMA
I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDRENS WITH EXTREME ECZEMA. THE GIRL CRY &SCRATCH ,THE BOY IS A 8 MOS AND HE SCRATCH TILL HE BLEED I PUT THE CREAM ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.