Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
skin feels like a sun burn
An_253911 posted:
Spent yesterday at an indoor waterpark. Woke up with my skin feeling like it has ben sun burned, but it is not red at all and there is no rash; however, it is extremely sensitive to clothing/touching. It is only on my trunk (where my bathing suit was touching). Obviously this is some kind of reaction to the chlorine. It is worth noting that I am the only one in the family having this problem.

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
The dye or rubber from your bathing suit may have had a reaction from the chlorine or from being in the sun.

Try a cool shower and then lathering yourself with 1% hydrocortisone ointment (the greasy stuff) and putting on old pajamas. This will cool and hydrate your skin.

I hope the waterpark was fun
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology
www.TareenDermatology.com

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.