Skip to content
Lime Skin Burn
snoopysmom posted:
I am ashamed to say that I have not learned my lesson from 3 incidents. 1st time I was at the river drinking Tecate with salt and lemon. I got home to find red painful welts on my legs, arms and hands. A dermatologist asked if I was eating lemons and was in the sun! She nailed it without even knowing why I was there. Pills and Lotion healed it. Fast forward my bday at the beach 2 years later and again I had Coronas and got a nasty lime burn on my chest. I must have had it on my hands and wiped myself or something. And again this weekend although I wasnt sun bathing, I was drinking Tecate, not in a swim suit so I thought I was ok. I woke up to Angelina Jolie lips. The side of my mouth is full of little painful and itchy blisters. I am so miserable. There should be a huge news article on the dangers of lime with the sun. Actually anything citrus and the sun.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful