Skip to content
Lime Skin Burn
snoopysmom posted:
I am ashamed to say that I have not learned my lesson from 3 incidents. 1st time I was at the river drinking Tecate with salt and lemon. I got home to find red painful welts on my legs, arms and hands. A dermatologist asked if I was eating lemons and was in the sun! She nailed it without even knowing why I was there. Pills and Lotion healed it. Fast forward my bday at the beach 2 years later and again I had Coronas and got a nasty lime burn on my chest. I must have had it on my hands and wiped myself or something. And again this weekend although I wasnt sun bathing, I was drinking Tecate, not in a swim suit so I thought I was ok. I woke up to Angelina Jolie lips. The side of my mouth is full of little painful and itchy blisters. I am so miserable. There should be a huge news article on the dangers of lime with the sun. Actually anything citrus and the sun.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE CHILDRENS SERVERE ECEMA
I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDRENS WITH EXTREME ECZEMA. THE GIRL CRY &SCRATCH ,THE BOY IS A 8 MOS AND HE SCRATCH TILL HE BLEED I PUT THE CREAM ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.