Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Men Cleaning Groin help
dillon80435 posted:
I am on overweight male(about 40 pounds over) and I also have a lot of body hair.What can I do to get rid of the extra hairs around groin area and rear.Also what can I use to get this area extra clean?
Do I ask my doctor?

tonicito614 responded:
Call it crazy but I'd shave or wax the hairs off. I hate hair on my body and I shave all the time due the waxing cost and to me it's cheaper. But be warned that if your not used the regrowth process, you will itch uncontrollably.

paintbynumbers responded:
First of all, you should never feel hesitant about asking your doctor about anything. As for the cleaning issue, getting rid of the hair will help with that. There is a chain of waxing establishments that has packages for men that are very reasonably priced and help eliminate problems with itching due to regrowth. Waxing places have trained professionals that deal with unwanted hair on both men and women and from personal experience help to make you feel very comfortable. If you are concerned about the cleanliness issue before you can take care of the hair issue, you may actually want to try a pH balanced cleanser for women. (I know it sounds weird, but I dated a guy that it really worked for). I hope this helps and wish you luck:)

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Got Eczema or Roseaca? caring help is on the way-.... heres a tip for you!
LIMU (Gentle seaweed cleanser) for men and Women and safe for kids too! remove eye makeup and shave with this popular daily cleanser from ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.