Skip to content
Heat Hives?
spbynack posted:
Someone please help.... just recently i have noticed that if my body overheats, the top of my hands my forearms, my shoulders, and neck will develop hives! The hives will last between 30 mins to an hour... its not my laundry detergent because that has stayed the same, and there is nothing extra that has been introduced into my life, no new fabrics, soaps, or other chemicals

paintbynumbers responded:
If these hives do not itch"026if you are fair-skinned especially this can simply be heat-related. I used to get the same thing and was told by the dermatologist that it can possibly be because of heat combined with my own sweat. I now have to keep baby wipes with me and that is the only thing that I have found that helps. If I get overheated without sweating, it doesn't get as bad but if I sweat it looks like I'm going into anaphylaxis. The baby wipes for sensitive skin are the best for me and you may want to try that. If that doesn't help, I would seek out a dermatologist. Good luck to you!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.