Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Blood blisters on skin
carrie0811 posted:
I have what look to be blood blisters all over my body. Most are very small, not noticeable to other people, but I'm wondering why they are there? Should I be concerned?

leh50 responded:
Many people get these little cherry hemangiomas as we age. I got them in my 30's, I remember. They look like tiny to mole sized, slightly raised spots. See this photo - you can see they come in different sizes. Don't try to prick them and "let the blood out" - it's not like a blood blister - more like tiny tumors. But, my doctor said they are harmless and he sees them all the time.

http://bluestarr.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/cherry-hemangiomas-angiomas/

If this is not what yours looks like...wrong guess!

carrie0811 replied to leh50's response:
I think you are exactly right! It makes sense, all three of my daughters have hemangiomas; I just never put it together that this could be the same. Thanks so much for your response!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.