Skip to content
Blood blisters on skin
carrie0811 posted:
I have what look to be blood blisters all over my body. Most are very small, not noticeable to other people, but I'm wondering why they are there? Should I be concerned?

leh50 responded:
Many people get these little cherry hemangiomas as we age. I got them in my 30's, I remember. They look like tiny to mole sized, slightly raised spots. See this photo - you can see they come in different sizes. Don't try to prick them and "let the blood out" - it's not like a blood blister - more like tiny tumors. But, my doctor said they are harmless and he sees them all the time.

http://bluestarr.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/cherry-hemangiomas-angiomas/

If this is not what yours looks like...wrong guess!

carrie0811 replied to leh50's response:
I think you are exactly right! It makes sense, all three of my daughters have hemangiomas; I just never put it together that this could be the same. Thanks so much for your response!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful