Skip to content
Ridiculously itchy but now visual signs or symptoms
tammyw83 posted:
I am hoping someone has ideas about this because I am going nuts. For the last week, I have been itchy all over my body. It is even worse at night, causing me to lose lots of sleep. I don't know what is causing it though. There are no rashes, it doesn't matter if I have juust taken a shower, and there are no bugs. I have washed our sheets even to no avail. My husband and kids are not having any issues; it is just me. It feels like one of those roaming itches that just won't go away. Its constant and to irritating to ignore. I was thinking it could be a medication side efrect, but I am not on any new ones. The most recent additions were Depakote in November and Magnesium oxide in December for my migraines I suffer from. So, if anyone has any ideas, I am all ears!!!!! Thanks

atti_editor responded:
Hi tammyw83,

I know exactly what you are going through and it can be so frustrating constantly itching for no apparent reason (I would sometimes scratch until my skin bled). In my case, a good moisturizer usually does the trick as my skin dries out easily. Do you find that you are more itchy after showering? I have to use fragrance-free body washes as I found that those with certain fragrances set off my itching. I also know someone who can only use certain brands of dryer sheets as others lead to excessive itching.

Here is a blog post about unrelenting itching that you might find helpful. The bottom line is that if the itching persists for more than a few weeks, it is a good idea to see your doctor or dermatologist to rule out any more serious conditions.

Hope you find some relief soon!
-Atti

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE CHILDRENS SERVERE ECEMA
I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDRENS WITH EXTREME ECZEMA. THE GIRL CRY &SCRATCH ,THE BOY IS A 8 MOS AND HE SCRATCH TILL HE BLEED I PUT THE CREAM ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful