Skip to content
Ridiculously itchy but now visual signs or symptoms
tammyw83 posted:
I am hoping someone has ideas about this because I am going nuts. For the last week, I have been itchy all over my body. It is even worse at night, causing me to lose lots of sleep. I don't know what is causing it though. There are no rashes, it doesn't matter if I have juust taken a shower, and there are no bugs. I have washed our sheets even to no avail. My husband and kids are not having any issues; it is just me. It feels like one of those roaming itches that just won't go away. Its constant and to irritating to ignore. I was thinking it could be a medication side efrect, but I am not on any new ones. The most recent additions were Depakote in November and Magnesium oxide in December for my migraines I suffer from. So, if anyone has any ideas, I am all ears!!!!! Thanks

atti_editor responded:
Hi tammyw83,

I know exactly what you are going through and it can be so frustrating constantly itching for no apparent reason (I would sometimes scratch until my skin bled). In my case, a good moisturizer usually does the trick as my skin dries out easily. Do you find that you are more itchy after showering? I have to use fragrance-free body washes as I found that those with certain fragrances set off my itching. I also know someone who can only use certain brands of dryer sheets as others lead to excessive itching.

Here is a blog post about unrelenting itching that you might find helpful. The bottom line is that if the itching persists for more than a few weeks, it is a good idea to see your doctor or dermatologist to rule out any more serious conditions.

Hope you find some relief soon!
-Atti

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE CHILDRENS SERVERE ECEMA
I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDRENS WITH EXTREME ECZEMA. THE GIRL CRY &SCRATCH ,THE BOY IS A 8 MOS AND HE SCRATCH TILL HE BLEED I PUT THE CREAM ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.