Skip to content
Nummular Dermatitus
billyp1 posted:
I have red circular or oval rings with clear areas of skin in the center which resemble ringworm. They used to respond well to Lotrimin anti fungal creme, but now nothing I've tried lately works. They also used to appear mainly on my facial areas and neck, but now I'm finding them on my arms and torso. I keep them moist on a daily basis & the itch is not a problem, but the anxiety and embarrassment is.Currently I'm using Gold Bond lotion with vitamins A, C and E and Aloe. It worked well at first on my face & neck but some of the redness remains. I also take a daily multivitamin supplement. I don't smoke but I do drink one or 2 glasses of red wine every night before bed and now I'm beginning to wonder if alcohol plays any part of the problem but I can't seem to find anything on WebMD related to my thinking on this topic. Nummular Dermatitus fits my profile very closely, but alcohol is not mentioned as a possible allergen. any ideas out there?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.