Skip to content
Feet skin
wcouffer posted:
I have cracked feet skin on the bottom of both feet which is painful and slightly bleeds. Let me what it is and what I can do?

atti_editor responded:
Hi wcouffer,

There are a number of reasons why the skin on your feet could be dry and cracking. Winter temperatures may be to blame, you may be suffering from eczema on your feet, or you could have athlete's foot , among other things. The links above have symptoms of each condition that you might review, and treatments if you find one that sounds like what you are experiencing. Overall, keeping your feet moisturized, giving your feet proper ventilation and avoiding any fabrics that may be irritating your skin, could help lessen your skin's cracking. You can also try an anti-fungal cream if you think athlete's foot is to blame.

If your pain and bleeding continues, I suggest you visit a dermatologist to determine exactly what you are suffering from and hopefully get some relief!

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE CHILDRENS SERVERE ECEMA
I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDRENS WITH EXTREME ECZEMA. THE GIRL CRY &SCRATCH ,THE BOY IS A 8 MOS AND HE SCRATCH TILL HE BLEED I PUT THE CREAM ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.