Growth on my finger
snowc62 posted:
I thought it was a wart at first and did those freeze treatments. All 14 of them. I have tried everything. It is about the size of a northern bean right now. It got larger a few days ago with a white top on it but it started bleeding and so I pulled the top layer off . Now it's a red bulge on the side of the nail on my pinky finger. It's very tender, to the point if you mess with it I get nauseous . I soak it every day in peroxide and put a fresh bandaid over it since the pain at touching it makes me want to hurl. Any ideas as to what this could be since a wart is not my option.

atti_editor responded:
Hi snowc62,

Have you seen a doctor or dermatologist about this? Were this freeze treatments over the counter or done in a doctor's office?

I encourage you to see your doctor about this. You could very well have a wart that has become infected and is now causing you pain, or it could not be a wart at all. Your doctor will know the appropriate steps to take after examining you.

If it does turn out to be a wart, dermatologists have a number of different ways of removing warts that are stronger and more effective than over-the-counter options.

Best wishes,
Atti

snowc62 replied to atti_editor's response:
used the ones over the counter. right now it hasn't grown any larger. i have been cleaning it every day and keeping it as protected as possible. hitting it puts me in a chair for a spell. its very tender. it is starting to scab on the surface. i keep checking my finger. my nail isn't bothered by it. only where it sits on the skin. if it doesn't get better soon then i will have to make a run to the dr for it. cant keep a band aid on it forever. thanks for replying.