Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Growth on my finger
snowc62 posted:
I thought it was a wart at first and did those freeze treatments. All 14 of them. I have tried everything. It is about the size of a northern bean right now. It got larger a few days ago with a white top on it but it started bleeding and so I pulled the top layer off . Now it's a red bulge on the side of the nail on my pinky finger. It's very tender, to the point if you mess with it I get nauseous . I soak it every day in peroxide and put a fresh bandaid over it since the pain at touching it makes me want to hurl. Any ideas as to what this could be since a wart is not my option.

atti_editor responded:
Hi snowc62,

Have you seen a doctor or dermatologist about this? Were this freeze treatments over the counter or done in a doctor's office?

I encourage you to see your doctor about this. You could very well have a wart that has become infected and is now causing you pain, or it could not be a wart at all. Your doctor will know the appropriate steps to take after examining you.

If it does turn out to be a wart, dermatologists have a number of different ways of removing warts that are stronger and more effective than over-the-counter options.

Best wishes,
Atti

snowc62 replied to atti_editor's response:
used the ones over the counter. right now it hasn't grown any larger. i have been cleaning it every day and keeping it as protected as possible. hitting it puts me in a chair for a spell. its very tender. it is starting to scab on the surface. i keep checking my finger. my nail isn't bothered by it. only where it sits on the skin. if it doesn't get better soon then i will have to make a run to the dr for it. cant keep a band aid on it forever. thanks for replying.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Thick skin and cracked
I had a patch of skin that was so thick I could not feel pain in it. The skin was also cracking and itchy. I tried something I don't ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.