Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cyst wick
da10pilot posted:
I know I should have asked this when I was with the doctor, but I had a cyst drained today. And the doctor inserted a wick to drain it. I remember the doctor saying it the wick will fall out on its own. What kind of maintenance am I supposed to do? It's bandaged up. Am I supposed to keep a bandage on it? Am I supposed to change it daily say after showering? I guess I was glad it wasn't something more serious and glad the procedure was over with. Thanks in advance.

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there, Please call your doctor's office to find out what your post surgical care should be to take care of the drain that you have. I've pulled up this article for you to read about looking after yourself post surgery: What to Expect Post Surgery. - Annie

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.