Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ankle infection? Emegency clinic gave antibiotic, keflex, still looks bad
waznboi03 posted:
About 1 month ago, I finally finished the 10day supply of keflex. Havent been back to an official gp, but here is what it still looks like. does this look like it is just an inconvenient infection similar to athletes foot?

And I was wondering will things like a hot rinse in bathtub for like 10 to 15 minutes under hot water will make it go away? currently im semi doing this and applying aquaphor at night.

atti_editor responded:
Hi waznboi03,

What did your GP feel that this was in your first appointment? Here is a photo of athlete's foot that you can use to compare your symptoms. It is possible that you have the mocassin type athlete's foot infection that affects the bottom or heel of your foot. Have you tried an athelte's foot cream? You can buy the medicine over-the-counter at a store in your area. There are other skin conditions, like eczema , or other infections that could be causing these symptoms. If possible, it would be a good idea to make an appointment with your GP to see if he/she may have additional treatment options for your symptoms. Please let us know how you are doing and what you find!

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

psoriasis tips
I have put up with psoriasis for decades. Nasty drugs like embrel will have dramatic results but at a huge cost to both your body and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.